Get the Facts about Auto Insurance
Auto insurance is necessary, no matter what state you live in. To find out what is required in your particular state, you need to visit their transportation website to learn exact coverages. In Massachusetts, you can find out what is required here.
Below we’ve compiled the top 12 most popular questions people have about auto insurance, so you can make informed choices about your coverage and more.
- What types of coverages should I have?
Most auto insurance policies offer coverages such as Comprehensive, Liability, Property Damage, and Collision Coverage.
- What is a deductible?
The deductible is the amount of money you pay after you have an accident before your insurance company pays the remaining charges.
- How can I keep my car insurance costs low?
You can’t always control everything, but there are certain things you can check for that may help to lower your costs. First of all, make sure you have a car with updated safety features. Also, make sure your insurance company knows if you work from home or have a short commute to work. The less time you spend in the car, the lower your risks.
- How many people can I put on my car insurance policy?
You can put as many as you’d like, but they must be members of your household, all living at the same address.
- What if I want to change my coverage? How can I do that?
You can always change your coverage or insurance carrier at any time. However, it’s best to wait until the end of your policy to avoid a cancellation fee.
- Are there any situations in which I could be denied coverage?
Yes. If your driving history includes a major accident, a DUI, or if you have bad credit—all of these factors could cause an insurance company to deny you coverage.
- Does my gender affect my insurance premium rates?
Yes it does. Sorry, guys, but studies have shown that males generally get into more accidents. So males pay bigger premiums.
- If I’m driving someone else’s car and have an accident, who pays?
The insurance of the person who owns the car would pay. Then you would have to pay any remaining costs.
- Will auto insurance replace my car if it gets stolen?
A stolen car can be replaced only if you have comprehensive coverage.
- If I forget to pay my premium, will I lose my coverage?
Not necessarily. If you forget once, they’ll probably send you a warning. If you frequently don’t pay, your coverage will likely be canceled.
- If my garage burns down with my car in it, will my car insurance pay for it?
No. Your Homeowners Policy would cover that type of event.
- If I don’t have auto insurance, and I’m in an accident, what will happen?
If you don’t have insurance, you could be sued, which could result in the loss of your entire life savings. You could also serve jail time. So it’s better to be insured than not!
At Zawada Insurance Agency, we’ll help you shop around to find the best deals on car, home, and other types of insurance.
Please contact Zawada Insurance Agency for details.
Zawada Insurance Agency, Inc. is a family-owned and operated independent insurance agency, located in Worcester, Massachusetts, serving central Massachusetts and beyond.