How do I cancel my auto insurance policy or delete an automobile?2020-06-04T12:49:27+00:00

If you should sell your car, or take it off the road for any reason, you should return your license plates to the Massachusetts RMV. You can process the plate return online through the MA RMV at www.massrmv.com. In turn, you will receive a Plate Return Receipt, which you will need to forward to our agency in order to stop coverage.

What should I do if I move within Massachusetts?2020-06-04T12:49:06+00:00

If you’ve moved, make sure to let us know, so that we can change your mailing address and update your policy. Note that a change in your town/city of residence may affect your insurance policy rating. Make sure to also change your drivers license and vehicle registrations at the Registry of Motor Vehicles. This can be done online at www.massrmv.com.

What should I do if I move to another state?2020-06-04T12:48:43+00:00

If you move outside of Massachusetts, you should contact an agent in your new state of residence to purchase a new policy within 30 days. After purchasing a new policy, return your MA license plates to us in order to cancel your Massachusetts insurance policy.

Who should I be listing on my Massachusetts Automobile policy?2020-06-04T12:48:22+00:00

Every driver with a license in your household must be included on your policy along with any occasional driver that resides outside of the household.  An occasional operator is any individual that may use the automobile on a regular basis. If you have any questions, discuss your particular situation with an associate at Zawada Insurance today.

When should I add my child to my Automobile Policy?2020-06-04T12:48:01+00:00

As soon as your son or daughter receives their driver’s license they need to be added to your insurance policy. Note that they do not need to be added to your policy while they drive, within the limits of the law, on a learner’s permit. Once they have passed the road teset, please contact our office with their license number. Please note that this change will affect the rate on your insurance policy.

Can I get credit for my good driving history in a foreign country or other state?2020-06-04T12:47:41+00:00

You may receive an out-of-state safe driver credit if you provide us with a copy of an out-of-state or foreign license and a copy of your driving record from that state or country. Please make sure to have your driving record translated by a notary public, if necessary.

Can I get an insurance policy if I only have a foreign license?2020-06-04T12:47:22+00:00

You may purchase an auto insurance policy for up to one year after moving to Massachusetts from another country with only a foreign license. Please note that in most circumstances, you will need to obtain a Massachusetts license within the first year of entering the state, otherwise your policy may be non-renewed.

What if I’ve been in MA for over a year and still don’t have a MA license?2020-06-04T12:47:00+00:00

You may still be able to write an auto insurance policy after being in the country over a year. Please keep in mind that in this circumstance you may not be given any credit for your prior driving history.

Should I purchase towing coverage if I already have AAA?2020-06-04T12:46:40+00:00

The basic AAA membership only allows for a certain number of miles per tow.  Your MA Automobile policy offers up to a $100 reimbursement for each tow related to a disabled automobile. Note that you will need to pay the cost of the tow upfront and present a receipt to the insurance company for reimbursement. Please see the Claims page to learn more.

What discounts are available on my automobile policy?2020-06-04T12:46:11+00:00

With the advent of managed competition in Massachusetts companies are introducing new discounts all the time. Please see our Discounts page to learn more about the most popular discounts currently available. One of our associates would be happy to analyze your personal situation to find you the most competitive policy.

Do I need to calculate my miles to get the Low Mileage Discount?2020-06-04T12:45:50+00:00

Annual mileage can have a significant impact on your auto insurance rating. Your odometer reading is recorded at the service center during your annual MA safety inspection. As such, it is critical that the number is accurate. Make sure to verify the odometer reading on your inspection report is accurate before leaving the service center, it could mean extra money in your pocket!

Go to Top